During this, he takes a pit bull from the kennels. Unlike Sophia, Wick doesn't let the dog into combat nor trains it to fight. The dog doesn't have a name and is only referred to as "Boy" or "Dog".
Relationship to John
The dog does not have a given name. This is perhaps because John doesn't want to become emotionally attached as he did with Daisy. Despite this, they seem to have a good relationship as the dog is seen following him and licking his face repeatedly in Parabellum.
Unlike Sophia, who has trained both their dogs to fight, the dog isn't trained by John for combat. John tends to leave the dog in the New York Continental when he's off to fight. The dog is never seen during a fight scene. The dog is basic trained, as he can sit and stay by John's commands.
Notes & Trivia
- During the filming of John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, the dog started a fight with a horse which had to cause a pause on set.
- Visual effects supervisor, Rob Nederhorst, tweeted that the dog's actor's name was 'Cha Cha', and that she was actually female.
- In John Wick, on the front of her kennel door is a paper saying that she was to be euthanized.
- Other dogs play the role, such as a dog named Burton/Bubba.
- The founder of the Keanu Inu crypto currency claims he named it after John Wick's dog.