This page is an official page. Only Admins and Bureaucrats may edit.
Why Users Are Blocked
Users get blocked by violating guidelines and policies. This stops the user from editing and posting but they can still view the wiki.
Ideal Block Lengths
Here are some common offenses. Not all are included. Depending on the degree of their actions they will receive prior warnings or a no warning block.
- Vandalism: 2 weeks - Indefinite
- Spamming: 2 weeks - Indefinite
- Trolling: 2 weeks - Indefinite
- Posting NSFW: 3 months - Indefinite
- Inappropriate Username: Indefinite
- Sockpuppetry: Indefinite
- Harassment/Bullying: 2 weeks to 6 months
- Inserting False Information: 1 week to 3 months
- Careless/Reckless Editing: 3 days to 1 month
- Ignoring/Deleting Warnings 3 days to 2 weeks
If a user has been blocked at least 5 times, they may receive a permanent block depending on their actions.
What To Do When You're Bocked
The best option to deal with a temporary block is to wait it out. If your block is 2 weeks or longer and you believe it is unfair, you may appeal it on the blocking admin’s Community Central message wall. Please allow up to 24 hours for a response. Admins will review their actions and either shorten their block or unblock them depending on their co-operation with the blocking admin.
If it has been 24 hours and no response, then you may appeal to staff on Zendesk. Staff will not unblock you if you do not contact the admin first and give them 24 hours to respond.