- "Do not make the mistake of thinking you exist outside the rules, no men do."
- —The Adjudicator to The Bowery King[src]
The Adjudicator is one of the main antagonists of the John Wick film series.
Serving as the main antagonist in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum.
They are an agent of The High Table, and a representative of The Elder tasked with dealing with John Wick in which they are given authority by the High Table to deal with John Wick and those who aided him after the latter's assassination of High Table member Santino D'Antonio.
Events of John Wick: Chapter 3
- "Mr. Wick broke the rules. I trust you understand the repercussions if he survives."
- —The Adjudicator
Following the death of Santino D'Antonio at the hands of Wick, The Adjudicator was dispatched to the New York Continental Hotel. After examining the body of Santino, The Adjudicator informs Winston that he will have to step down from his position as general manager of the Continental due to having aided John by delaying his ex-communication from the Continental by one hour.
The Adjudicator later visits The Soup Kitchen to inform the Bowery King that he will be forced to step down and close up the Soup Kitchen because he aided John by giving him a gun and seven bullets to kill Santino with. After Wick initially escapes from the assassins chasing after him, the Adjudicator visits Zero and instructs him and his group of assassins to go after John.
Later, the Adjudicator visits The Director, the leader of the Ruska Roma, to adjudge her for smuggling John out of New York. At the same time, Zero and his assassins murder several of the Director's guards before confronting the Director. When the Director willingly serves her punishment, the Adjudicator has Zero stab the Director through both of her hands.
Soon after, the Adjudicator revisits the Soup Kitchen to punish the Bowery King. As Zero and his assassins murder most of the Bowery King's men, the Adjudicator has Zero slash the Bowery King seven times.
Later, after Winston refuses to step down as manager of the New York Continental and John refuses to kill him, the Adjudicator has the Continental's status as a neutral area revoked and sends in Zero, his assassins, and teams of the High Table's most well-trained assassins to kill him. However, John and Charon manage to kill all of them. After the first wave of assassins has been slaughtered, the Adjudicator phones Winston and proposes a truce. The two meet on the rooftop of the Continental, where Winston refers to the successful defense of the Continental as evidence that he should stay in power. This persuades the Adjudicator, who reinstates the building as a neutral area. However, when John walks up onto the roof, the Adjudicator questions what will be done about him, and in response, Winston simply shoots John and lets him tumble off the roof and into an alleyway, shocking John.
However, when the Adjudicator attempts to have John's body recovered, it is discovered that it has vanished as the Tick-Tock Man carried Wick away. Informing Winston of this, the Adjudicator warns him of severe consequences should John remain at large. They both agree of the consequences if he were to be alive.
- The Adjudicator is the first main antagonist in a John Wick film not to die in their debut film.
- Tattooed on the left side of their neck is "einfühlung", which is German for empathy.
- Actor Asia Kate Dillon is nonbinary.
- Despite being the main antagonist of the third film The Adjudicator's role is only slight compared to Viggo Tarasov and Santino D'Antonio, the main antagonists from the previous films, as she doesn't get in to a fight or have near impact on John Wick.
- While a fourth John Wick film is coming, it is unknown if The Adjudicator will return, since there nothing has been confirmed, unlike some of the others who are confirmed to be returning.