|“||Let us begin.||”|
A recurring character in the John Wick movie series, Charon is often seen interacting with the eponymous protagonist in his position as the concierge of the hotel, offering John various services.
John Wick: Chapter 2Edit
After John has to leave his dog behind, Charon admits that the hotel has no services for taking care of a dog, but he will do it personally for John.
After John kills Santino D'Antonio, Charon returns the dog to him and states that he enjoyed looking after him. Charon later escorts John to a meeting with Winston in Central Park and before saying goodbye, tells John that it has been a pleasure working with him and the two men shake hands.
John Wick: Chapter 3Edit
In the third movie, Charon fights alongside John when the High Table attacks the Continental. Together, the men eliminate the strike team and Charon rejoins Winston to act as his bodyguard when Winston negotiates with The Adjudicator.
After Winston apparently betrays John to regain control of the hotel, shooting him and sending him off the hotel roof, Charon compliments his boss on the move being "well played."
He deeply respects John (a fair bit more than what Winston does), as seen that he was willing to look after his dog while he was out of the country, even though it was against Continental rules. Before John is going to be hunted by every assassin in the world, Charon tells him that it was a genuine pleasure to know and work with John.
- Expert Marksman: Charon has demonstrated his gun proficiency (particularly with pistols and shotguns) during the Continental shootout, able to take down several armored hostiles along with John with ease.
- Heckler & Koch P30L: Charon's sidearm is a Heckler & Koch P30L, just like John Wick. He used it against The High Table's finest guards during the shootout in the Continental Hotel.
- Taran Tactical STI 2011 Combat Master: Charon gave this pistol to Wick in preparation of the shootout in the Continental Hotel and suggested he dual-wield it with the 9mm major. He also supplied him with 125 grain bullets which travel at 1,425 feet per second, describing them as "serious business."
- Benelli M4 Super 90: In need of more firepower to combat the guards' armor improvements, Charon and Wick returned to the Continental Hotel armory during the shootout and grabbed shotguns. They loaded their shotguns with armor-piercing, 12-gauge steel slugs. He also used the shotgun as a melee weapon during the battle.
- The character's alias is taken from Charon of the Greek mythology; also known as Kharon, he is the ferryman of the underworld, transferring newly deceased souls across the Styx River.
Appearances outside the franchiseEdit