|“||Let us begin.||”|
A recurring character in the John Wick movie series, Charon is often seen interacting with the eponymous protagonist in his position as the concierge of the hotel, offering John various services, such as taking care of his dog.
John Wick: Chapter 2
After John has to leave his dog behind, Charon admits that the hotel has no services for taking care of a dog, but he will do it personally for John.
After John kills Santino D'Antonio, Charon returns the dog to him and states that he enjoyed looking after him. Charon later escorts John to a meeting with Winston in Central Park and before saying goodbye, tells John that it has been a pleasure working with him and the two men shake hands.
John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum
In the third movie, Charon expresses hope John finds sanctuary and smiles slightly when Winston expressed his confidence in his abilities.
Later, John was about to be killed by Zero, but Charon stops him, reminding Zero that although John Wick is ex-communicated and cannot reap the sanctuary benefits of The Continental, Zero is still a member and must abide by its rules and cannot kill anyone, including the ex-communicated John Wick without becoming ex-communicated himself. Charon fights alongside John when the High Table attacks the Continental. Together, the men eliminate the strike team after a hard fought battle and Charon rejoins Winston to act as his bodyguard when Winston negotiates with The Adjudicator.
After Winston apparently betrays John to regain control of the hotel, shooting him and sending him off the hotel roof, Charon compliments his boss on the move being "well played."
Charon is man clad in in air of mystery. Most of the time calm and collected, Charon performs his duties as a concierge of hotel professionally and thoroughly and becomes agitated when somebody don't follow rules of Continental. Most significant he is absolutely loyal to Winston whose orders he fulfill to the letter to the point where Winston call him pride of hotel. He also deeply respects John (a fair bit more than what Winston does), as seen that he was willing to look after his dog while he was out of the country, even though it was against Continental rules. Before John was about to be hunted by every assassin in the world, Charon tells him that it was a genuine pleasure to know and work with John. However, when Winston shoots John off the roof, he doesn't seem very disappointed to see his good friend almost die.
- Weapons Expert: Charon proved to be highly acquainted about various weapons and ammunition as he recommend John which he should choose during the Continental shootout.
- Expert Marksman: Charon has demonstrated his gun proficiency (particularly with pistols and shotguns) during the Continental shootout, able to take down several armored hostiles along with John with ease.
- Heckler & Koch P30L: Charon's sidearm is a Heckler & Koch P30L, just like John Wick. He used it against The High Table's finest guards during the shootout in the Continental Hotel.
- Taran Tactical STI 2011 Combat Master: Charon gave this pistol to Wick in preparation of the shootout in the Continental Hotel and suggested he dual-wield it with the 9mm major. He also supplied him with 125 grain bullets which travel at 1,425 feet per second, describing them as "serious business."
- Benelli M4 Super 90: In need of more firepower to combat the guards' armor improvements, Charon and Wick returned to the Continental Hotel armory during the shootout and grabbed shotguns. They loaded their shotguns with armor-piercing, 12-gauge steel slugs. He also used the shotgun as a melee weapon during the battle knocking one of the units of High Table with expert on weapons two strikes.
- The character's alias is taken from Charon of the Greek mythology; also known as Kharon, he is the ferryman of the underworld, transferring newly deceased souls across the Styx River.
Appearances outside the franchise